General Maintenance Tip
The best way to keep drains clear is to limit what you put in them.
- Keep food, coffee grounds and grease out of kitchen drains.
- Put leftover food in the trash, not the garbage disposal.
- Pour liquid grease into a sealable container. After it cools, put it in the trash.
- Keep hair and soap scum out of bathroom drains. Cover your tub and shower drains with a mesh screen or a perforated shower drain hair catcher. Either one will collect the hair and let the water run through.
- Brush your hair before you shower or take a bath. This process removes loose hair and keeps it from clogging the shower drain.
- If you must bathe your dog in the tub or shower, place a washcloth over the drain. The amount of hair a dog sheds during a bath can even clog your regular shower drain hair catcher.
- Watch what you flush. Toilets are designed to handle human waste and toilet paper. Flushing dense, stringy or bulky materials can cause a clog
- Dental floss, feminine hygiene products and other household waste should go in the trash instead.
This post is courtesy of Dr. Kennedy Homes Maintenance Team – November 2020 newsletter
Community Manager: C. Moore-Fields
Assistant Community Manager: Shacoria Allen
Maintenance Supervisor: Alvina Wriley (Welcome to the Team!)
Maintenance Aide: Calvin Philyau
Maintenance Emergency-After Hours: 954-594-3968
Tel: 954-617-9700 or
954-556-4100 ext. 2203
Trident Security: 954-870-7706