Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
This update is provided by:
Emilia M. Solano – firstname.lastname@example.org
District Executive Director Community Health Strategies
L. A. Lee YMCA Family Center – 408 NW 14 Terrace, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
As you probably have heard, there have been several cases of coronavirus found in the US. In an effort to be informed, please see the attached information in English and Spanish from the Department of Health and Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
Due to our work, we come in contact with many people daily – the CDC recommends taking a few important precautions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Keep desks and work areas clean
By being aware of your surroundings, washing hands often, and checking with the Department of Health website, Center for Disease Control website and local news reports, you can keep yourself and others informed.
Updated: 3/13/2020 4:23 PM
The Florida Department of Health has enabled a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week call center at 1-866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com