VITA TAX Season Is Here
VITA will be onsite at the Urban League of Broward County beginning January 24, 2018. The schedule for this year is as follows:
- Tuesdays 3 pm – 7 pm
- Wednesdays 10 am- 3 pm
- Fridays 3 pm-7 pm
- Second Saturdays of each month 9 am- 12 pm
WHAT IS VITA?
The VITA Program offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income (generally, $54,000 and below). Certified volunteers receive training to help prepare basic tax returns in communities across Broward County.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT TO YOU AND PEOPLE WE SERVE?
The VITA Program provides FREE tax service!! This is a service to help people keep more of what they earned. Clients are eager to get their money back and may want to go to a for-profit business or friend to get their taxes done. It is our duty to notify our clients that the VITA effort is completely FREE and tax volunteers are IRS trained and certified. Ultimately families will save hundreds of dollars if they come to a VITA site.
WHAT IS EITC?
Tax preparers will screen each individual/family for eligibility for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). This is a tax credit to help people keep more of what they earned. It is a refundable federal income tax credit for low to moderate income working individuals and families.
Clients must be prepared! They will need the following documents before they can be seen…
- Original Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and/or dependents or social security number verification letter issued by SSA
- Government issued photo identification for you and your spouse
- Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- Day care expenses with the providers’ EIN and amount paid (if applicable)
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit, blank check
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Any other relevant information about income and expenses
- Health insurance documents: 1095A, 1095B or 1095C. If you qualified for an exemption through the Health Insurance Marketplace, bring the Exemption Certificate Number (ECN).
RUSSCHELLE MARTIN, MBA
Center for Working Families, Program Coordinator
URBAN LEAGUE OF BROWARD COUNTY
T 954.625.2574 F 754.200.575
E email@example.com W www.ulbroward.org